Application For Journalist Visa
- Citizens of the Netherlands who intend to conduct a journalistic visit to Indonesia (filming a movie / documentary / reality show / commercials; coverage of news / photo / camera; or as a correspondent) are required to acquire a journalist visa. The application of such visa shall be submitted through the Embassy in The Hague.
- Applicants who enter Indonesia with Visa on Arrival or short visit visa are not allowed to conduct journalistic activities in Indonesia.
- Applicants must complete the journalist visa application forms. The Embassy in The Hague reserves the right to return and/or not to process the application if it is not complete.
Download Application Forms for journalist visa:
- Checklist for News Coverage
- Checklist for Foreign Correspondent
- Checklist for Filmmaking
- Application form
- Personal history
- List of Equipments
- Shooting Schedule
- Statement Letter - Journalist
- Statement Letter - Film Making
JOURNALIST VISA PROCESS
- Once completed, the Embassy will issue a reference letter then submit it along with the documents to the concerned authorities in Jakarta.
- Visa approval process may take up to five weeks from the day the completed documents are submitted to the Information and Socio-Cultural Affairs Office.
- When the visa is approved, the Immigration Office in Jakarta will inform via telex (authorization) to the fixer and/or the applicants.
- The applicants shall then come to the Immigration Office at the Embassy by bringing the telex, the original passport, applicants form (with photo and signature), 2 photos and copy of return flight ticket.
- without telex from the Immigration Office in Jakarta, the Embassy will not proceed the journalist visa.
- Issuance of visa by the Embassy will take another 5 working days upon submission of necessary documents by the applicant.
- The applicants shall make the necessary payment at the cashier (PIN only).
- Once the payment is made, the Immigration Officer will inform the date of passport collection.