Transporting Pets to Indonesia
Pets (dogs, cats) are allowed to be transported to Indonesia, by following procedure as followed:
- Request a letter of permission to the Ministry of Agriculture of Indonesia, Up. Direktorat Jenderal Peternakan, Jl. Harsono RM No. 3, Ragunan, Jakarta 12550 – INDONESIA. Specification of the pets (name, race, age, color, and any other remarks) must be mentioned in that letter.
- Enclose supplementary documents along with your request, as follow:
- Health Certificate from the Veterinarian
- Rabies vaccination certificate from veterinarian (must be valid at least 1 month before departing to Indonesia).
Important Notice: All supplementary documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Justice and Security of the Netherlands (Ministerie van Veiligheid en Justitie); the Consular Service Center (Consulairediensten Centrum) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken); and the Indonesia Embassy in The Hague.
- The Ministry of Agriculture of Indonesia will issue a letter of attestation that is valid for 1 month to gain a permission of animal entrance to Indonesia (import permit) from the animal quarantine, Terminal A, Soekarno-Hatta Airport. The same procedure also applies to bring out animals from Indonesia (export permit).
Important Notice: Animal rabies contaminators, such as dogs, cats, monkeys, and so on are not allowed to enter rabies-free areas, namely Central Java, East Java, Yogyakarta, Bali, Madura, West Nusa Tenggara and East Nusa Tenggara.
- In the Netherlands, you can also contact the Nederlandse Voedsel-en Warenautoriteit (NVWA), to have an assistance in submitting your request to get a permission letter to the Ministry of Agriculture of Indonesia.