Since 2017, BDF has developed further by involving students through Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC) which was held with the aim to transfer the value of democracy to young generation and absorb views and input from them. BDSC I was held in 2017 and attended by 150 students from 61 countries. The theme was “From Campus for Democracy”. Following the success of BDSC I, BDSC II was held in 2018 and attended by 138 participants from 58 countries. The theme of the BDSC II was “Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspectives”.
BDSC I and BDSC II resulted in documents namely “Voice of the Youth” and “You[th] Make Changes” respectively. Both documents were then used as recommendations to enhance the value of Democracy in participants’ respective countries.
This year, in conjunction to Bali Democracy Forum XII (BDF XIi), The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Indonesia will hold the 3rd Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC III) at Nusa Dua, Bali, 5 – 6 December 2019. BDSC III will uphold a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy”.
The participants of BDSC III will consist of 150 students from all around the globe. During the program, the participants will share their experiences related to democracy and inclusivity in their respective countries from the perspective of youth.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in the Hague will bear the cost of 1 (one) participant from the Netherlands with a round trip economy airfare (point of departure from Schiphol airport, Amsterdam)
Requirements for International Participants:
- Bachelor or Master degree student of University or College, having an interest in international, social and political issues, particularly democracy
- Age between 21-28 years old, or has completed at least 4 semesters
- Has never participated in any previous BDSC
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Actively involved in various student and social organizations
- An active user of social media
- Filled in application form
- Curriculum vitae (include proof of social media profiles)
- Recommendation letter from university
- Statement letter to join the entire program of BDSC III in Bali from 4-7 December 2019
- Scanned passport and University Student ID
- Photo (File JPG max 1 Mb)
The BDSC Committee will bear the cost associated with the participation in the conference, i.e:
- Twin-shared accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights in Bali (check in on 4 December 2019, check out on 7 December 2019)
- Local transportation (Airport <-> hotel and hotel <-> venue)
- Meals during the program
The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in the Hague will bear the cost of 1(one) participant from the Netherlands with a round trip economy airfare (point of departure from Schiphol, Amsterdam)
Scan & send your applications to email:
before 20 October 2019
download Application Form, click here!
more info : https://bdsc.kemlu.go.id