Updates - Press Release
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Ladies and Gentlemen, my Fellow Countrymen,
This morning, I led a virtual Limited Meeting on the Job Creation Law with government officials and governors joining the meeting.
Statement by President of the Republic of Indonesia
H.E. Joko Widodo
at the General Debateof the 75th
Session of the United Nations General Assembly
New York, 22 September 2020
Jakarta, July 12th 2020 - Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy/Head of Tourism and Creative Economy Agency Wishnutama Kusubandio enthusiastically welcomed Lake Toba in North Sumatera for being defined as part of UNESCO Global Geopark (UGG).
Colleagues from the Media, good afternoon,
Thank you very much for participating in the 6th Press Briefing from the Palace of the President in Jakarta.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia re-emphasizes that current measures for visitors/travellers from China remains in full effect until further notice.
- Such measures are adopted in accordance with the Statement of the Minister for Foreign Affairs on 2 February 2020 and the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights Number 7 of 2020 regarding the Granting of Visa and Stay Permit in the Effort to Prevent Corona Virus Outbreak issued on 28 February 2020.
- The Government has also issued measures for visitors/travellers from three other countries, namely Iran, Italy and the Republic of South Korea, in accordance with the Statement of the Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia on 5 March 2020
- All the aforementioned measures shall remain in effect until further notice.
- Indonesia continues to closely observe WHO situation report on developments of the COVID-19 virus outbreak around the world.
- According to the latest WHO report, there is currently a significant increase of COVID-19 cases outside China, particularly in three countries: Iran, Italy, and the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
- In the interest of public health, Indonesia has issued a temporary measure for incoming visitors/travelers from the three said countries as follows:
First, suspend entry or transit in Indonesia to incoming visitors/travelers who have traveled to the following cities/regions in the last 14 days:
- Iran : City of Tehran and Qom as well as the Province of Gilan
- Italy : Region of Lombardi, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Marche, and Piedmont
- South Korea: City of Daegu and Province of Gyeongsangbuk-do.
Second, for all visitors/travelers from outside the aforementioned areas in Iran, Italy, and South Korea, a health certificate issued by the official Health Authorities from each respective country will be required. The Health Certificate must still be valid and shown to the airlines authorities upon check-ins.
Without a certificate from the Health Authority, the said visitors/travelers will not be permitted to enter or transit to Indonesia.
Third, prior to landing, visitors/travelers arriving from the three said countries are required to complete a Health Alert Card(Kartu Kewaspadaan Kesehatan)issued by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia.
The Health Alert Card consists of questions regarding the visitor's travel history. If the visitor/s have traveled in one of the aforementioned regions in the last 14 days, the said visitor will not be permitted to enter or transit to Indonesia.
Fourth, for Indonesian nationals who have recently traveled to one of the abovementioned countries, especially in the said regions, an additional health examination is required upon arrival at the airport.
- These measures will be effective immediately Sunday, 8 March 2020 at 00.00 Western Indonesian Time (GMT +7).
- These measures are temporary and will be evaluated pursuant to further developments.
Indonesia condemns the shooting in Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday, 15 March 2019, around 13.40 local time.
2019 ANNUAL PRESS STATEMENT
OF THE MINISTER FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS
OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
Jakarta, 9 Januari 2019
Before I begin the Annual Press Statement, let us take a moment of silence for the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami disasters.
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
Good morning and may peace be upon us all,
Your Excellencies, Ambassadors of friendly countries and Heads of International Organizations,
Honorable Chair of the First Commission and Members of Parliament,
Our Seniors: Dr. Alwi Shihab, Dr. Marty Natalegawa,
Family Members of Mr. Adam Malik Ambassadors, elders and all members of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, both who are serving in Indonesia, and those serving abroad,
Editors-in-chief of Media Outlets, journalists, stakeholders
Distinguished ladies and gentlemen,
Let me begin by wishing all of you a very happy and prosperous New Year.
May 2019 be a better and more prosperous year for all.
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year 2019.
The President of the Republic of Indonesia opened the first day of 2019 with 3 words: optimism, optimism and optimism.
Let us be optimistic. Let us continue to work together to create a better world for all of us.
To continue reading the statement, please click the following link: